Shower door drip guard
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pkryder
Labourer
Labourer

Shower door drip guard

by pkryder » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi hoping for some help with how to re-attach a shower door drip guard, I'll start by trying to clarify what I mean as I'm not good with terminology. My shower door has a narrow downward angled strip of plastic running horizontally along the bottom of the door on the inside of the shower. It was attached by 3 small (approx 5mm) protruding metal rods which were screwed into the bottom of the door, the strip of plastic then slides along the rods and is held in place as the plastic strip has lips. My problem is I dropped a heavy bottle onto the strip and 2 of these rods have now sheered off leaving parts of the metal in the holes in the door which I cannot get out, can someone please advise how I can re-attach the strip or where I may get some of these metal rods (perhaps I could drill new holes in the door for them?). The strip needs to be removable if possible as underneath it is the arm of the door and a screw for removing the door.

Thanks for any help you can give.

watcha
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Shower door drip guard

by watcha » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:02 pm

[quote="pkryder"]Hi hoping for some help with how to re-attach a shower door drip guard, I'll start by trying to clarify what I mean as I'm not good with terminology. My shower door has a narrow downward angled strip of plastic running horizontally along the bottom of the door on the inside of the shower. It was attached by 3 small (approx 5mm) protruding metal rods which were screwed into the bottom of the door, the strip of plastic then slides along the rods and is held in place as the plastic strip has lips. My problem is I dropped a heavy bottle onto the strip and 2 of these rods have now sheered off leaving parts of the metal in the holes in the door which I cannot get out, can someone please advise how I can re-attach the strip or where I may get some of these metal rods (perhaps I could drill new holes in the door for them?). The strip needs to be removable if possible as underneath it is the arm of the door and a screw for removing the door.

Thanks for any help you can give.[/quote]

Hi, Why not remove the old drip rail and fit a new one... Google this site:

"glassdistributorsinc.com/shower_door_wipes_and_seals.htm"

They include slide fitting solutions..... hope this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:52 pm