shower fault
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
davo
Labourer
Labourer

shower fault

by davo » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Hi I am having trouble with my new shower and have run out of ideas. I have fitted a 3 way shower valve and seperate pump. The feeds to the pump are 22 mm from tank(cold) and 22mm tee'd off from top of hot cylinder. Initially all was well albeit not able to get it very cold. But after a week or so it became tempermental and now refuses to work. The pump should kick in when valve opened but this it will not do now ( maybe once in ten attempts) The shower appears to be air locked but i have pumped mains pressure up both cold and hot lines and all is ok. The pump has been flushed through for a minute also no air. But once connected no water will come out of the shower with gravity so the pump will not kick in. According to the instuctions the shower head is low enough to not need a negative head switch......I am stuck with this problem. Can anyone help please.

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:17 pm

were is the pump
any pics available
bob

davo
Labourer
Labourer

by davo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:54 am

hi bob, the pump is in the airing cupboard at the base of the hot water cylinder, literally right next to it. This cupboard is on the ground floor and the shower is on the first floor. As for pics I will look into posting some if i can, i assume of the pump/cylinder etc.

Thanks davo

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:41 pm