Shower hose leaking
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
KevPoole125
Labourer
Labourer

Shower hose leaking

by KevPoole125 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:19 pm

I have a mixer shower that runs off the taps. The hose leaks about 3 inches from the tap and no water comes out of the shower head, but just comes out of the hose. I originally thought it was just a hole in the worn out hose so replaced it but the new hose is leaking from the same place. The washers are ok and is not leaking out of the fixing to the taps just the hose. Any ideas please?

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Shower hose leaking

by plastic_man77 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:18 pm

@ KevPoole125

If water is definately coming out of the hose and not at the union to the mixer of the shower head, then there is definately a hole in the hose, whether it's new or not.

Have you tried running the shower with the shower head disconnected from the hose?

I'm wondering whether the shower head is completely blocked and water pressure building up is splitting the hose- coinsidently in the same place. Off the top of my head I can't tell you what pressure the hose is supposed to withstand, but it is definately not supposed to withstand high static pressures like the pipework to your taps.

Just to satisfy curiosity, what happens if you turn the hose the other way round- does is now leak nearer the shower head?

KevPoole125
Labourer
Labourer

by KevPoole125 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:21 am

Thanks for for feedback.

I've just tried without the shower head on and water comes out but still leaking out of the hose, this is a new shower head as well!! I Thurber the hose round the other way and it's now leaking from the top instead of by the taps. When I replace the hose is there any do's and dont's to stop it splitting the hose again?

Thanks

calvinwilliam
Labourer
Labourer

by calvinwilliam » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:17 pm

I think you have to take help of any proper plumber for your bathroom shower hose problem. He can do solve your shower hose easily.

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

by plastic_man77 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:39 pm

@ KevPoole125

No real dos and don'ts, just pop the rubber washers in each end and hand tighten each union. Check for leaks once shower is operated. You may possibly need to use a a pair of grips to lightly pinch the joints tighter if there are any leaks, but don't over do it.

Initially, operate the shower without the shower head attached, making sure all the water comes out of the open hose end.

Double check your shower head by blowing in to the head where the hose would normally connect and make sure you can pass air relatively easily. If all ok, connect the head and you shouldn't have any further probs.

KevPoole125
Labourer
Labourer

by KevPoole125 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:02 am

Thanks for your help plastic_man, we now have a working shower with no leaks!! Thanks again.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:27 am