Shower pressure gauge problems - water now far too hot
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

Aloysius
Labourer
Labourer

Shower pressure gauge problems - water now far too hot

by Aloysius » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:56 am

About two years ago I had a plumber work on my home shower. The shower worked fine and was fed from the hot water and cold mains. The adjustment to temperature worked well within the shower unless someone ran a tap or flushed the loo etc. The plumber stated that we needed to have a pressure valve fitted to prevent serious injury and he fitted a "Monument" pressure gauge to the hot water pipe feeding the shower. This worked for a couple of months but the water flow gradually reduced to a dribble of very hot water. Unfortunately that plumber was very ill by then and no longer available. I accessed the pipework and found that a tap on the cold water feed was only half open. Fully opening this and undoing a screw on the front of the gauge resolved the problem. I had another plumber do some work after a leak and, following this found that the water temperature out of the shower could no longer be adjusted it remained just too hot at all settings. I have tried loosening/tightening the screw at the front of the gauge without success. Any advice please?

It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:33 am