shower pump
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
redkev
Tradesman
Tradesman

shower pump

Post by redkev » Sat May 17, 2008 5:39 pm

my shower has no pressure as the header tank is rite above the shower and against the floor boards. it is a mixer shower. i have looked at pumps. but most seem to need the hot and cold to be together at some point which mine is not as the cold comes from the loft and down the wall and the hot is from under the floor. and u just put a pump on the hot or does it have to be both?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Sat May 17, 2008 8:55 pm

The pump must assist both hot and cold feeds. This is to ensure an equal supply of hot and cold water otherwise it would be unbalanced.

Put the pump in the airing cupboard where the hot is and bring the cold feed down and back up into the loft.

Be careful of the header tank size, and how quickly it fills. It is recommended to have two tanks when fitting a power shower as a single tank can easily be drained dry.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Mon May 19, 2008 1:09 am

redkev

This question was answered here:

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/forums/view ... ght=#29814

on 7th May when you asked it the first time and when you said:

"I have a water tank in my loft. and a hot water cylinder."

On 14th May you started another Shower Pump Thread where you said:

"i have a combi boiler and want to put a shower pump in as pressure aint too good. can it be done?"

and in this thread you have a CWST/HWC once again which are usually removed when a combi is fitted and in any case you got your answer 10 days ago.

I'm starting to smell a bit of a rodent in the pipework.

Cheers

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Mon May 19, 2008 6:25 pm

I notice from your posts you also have an electric shower with poor pressure but a mixer shower with good pressure. Let alone friends with shower problems!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm