Shower Pump, wiring and pipes
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
adriang
Labourer
Labourer

Shower Pump, wiring and pipes

by adriang » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi, Ive bought a Varispeed SI single Impeller pump. I want to connect it to the hot only from the storage tank.
Couple of questions:

1. Can I fit a plug to the flex and power it that way, or do I have to use a fused box in the wall?
2. Can I use flexi piping (the white stuff) to extend the outlet from the tank so I can keep the pump on the floor, and then use it to reach back up to the pipe?

Thanks in advance

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:29 pm

You can certainly use a standard 13amp plug so long as the fuse is changed to an appropriate size. The white Speedfit pipe is suitable in many instances for a shower pump.

I've just got to ask though, why are you using a single impeller pump for a shower? Balanced hot and cold feeds are imperative for the safe operation of a mixer shower which would mean the use of a twin impeller pump!

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Shower Pump, wiring and pipes

by rosebery » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:20 pm

[quote="adriang"]Hi, Ive bought a Varispeed SI single Impeller pump. I want to connect it to the hot only from the storage tank.[/quote]Why? How are you going to balance the cold supply with the hot to the shower?

[quote]1. Can I fit a plug to the flex and power it that way, or do I have to use a fused box in the wall?[/quote]Use the FCU.

[quote]2. Can I use flexi piping (the white stuff) to extend the outlet from the tank so I can keep the pump on the floor, and then use it to reach back up to the pipe?[/quote]You mean polypipe? You could but you'd be bettr piping it properly in copper.

Cheers

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 pm

If you would like to find a reliable, insured and vetted tradesman in your area why not click through to the Find a Tradesman area of DIY Doctor: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/ , complete the form and receive up to 5 FREE quotes

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:46 am