shower pumps
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nick41711
Labourer
Labourer

shower pumps

Post by nick41711 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:45 am

I'm going to fit a shower pump but I'm a little fazed by the amount of makes / styles to choose from, so with that in mind could anyone give me the benefit of thier experiance and suggest a good make and bar size.

I'm looking at a twin 2 or 3 bar.
It needs to be able to feed 3 showers H/C and just hot from sinks.
Main shower is ground floor, others are 1st floor.
Cistern is 1st floor with both hot and cold tanks in loft above.
What impact will this have on the hot water cylinder size?
Any ideas would be much appre'

Thanks
Nick

speedygonzarlis
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by speedygonzarlis » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:56 pm

a salamander 3bar will run 2 showers, but with a twin impellar pump you cant have just hot feed to sinks as the cold just airiates and the pump will pick this up and cut out. you will need to have a second single impellar pump for the hot water to basins, a 1 bar pump will be fine for this, if you ring salamanders technical helpline they will give you the model no of pumps you need.
for a single shower you need minimum a 3ft hot water cylinder with 50 gallon tanks in loft. your gonna have to double this for 3 showers!

nick41711
Labourer
Labourer

Shower Pumps

Post by nick41711 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Thanks Speedy,

I completely missed the need for a sep pump to feed cold only for sinks.
50 gal for the shower and double for 3 showers...thats a lot of water and even more weight !!
Does this take into account the slim possability that all 3 showers will be used at the same time ?
If I worked on the assumption that only 2 showers might be used at the same time could I then fit a less powerful pump ? or is that false economy ?

What do you think ?

mike1984
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mike1984 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:50 am

Best to be safe than sorry as you never know when the higher output would come in handy.

Other makes to consider are Grundfos or you can get shower pumps from the manufacturers of your showers i.e. Mira, Aqualisa, Triton etc.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:18 am