shower valves

Postby bates1966 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:51 am

HI CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF A MANUAL SHOWER VALVE WOULD WORK WELL ON A CONDENSING BOILER OR MUST I STICK WITH THE MORE EXPENSIVE THERMOSTATIC TYPE
THANKS
STEVIE
bates1966
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Brian Pomeroy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:21 am

Hi Stevie

I think you will find that a thermostatic mixer valve can be found starting from around £100 though I have paid less.

The advantges of a thermo are that if your boiler has any problems modulating and thus maintaining a temperature the shower will compensate.

A thermo valve will also have a high temp safey device where you can ensure too high tempertaures are not easily found. A good idea for kids and the infirm.

Other than that a manual valve should work well with a correctly installed and functioning combi.

All the best
Brian
Brian Pomeroy
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby bates1966 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:34 pm

Thanks Brian ill stick with thermo then
Cheers steve
bates1966
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!