All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ashaw10
Labourer
Labourer

Shower Waste under floorboards

by ashaw10 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:40 am

Hi All,

Fitting a new shower in the first floor ensuite. Existing shower has a deep shower tray raised off the floor, and the shower waste is boxed in to one side of the room and exits into a strap-on boss into a horizontal toilet soil pipe.

I would like to fit a slim 40mm high shower tray resting on the floorboards and run the new shower waste under the floorboards and into the horizontal soil pipe.

My concern is that the soil pipe is running horizontally not much below the floorboards. Thus if my shower waste is already under the floor boards at the shower tray end plus a fall on the waste pipe means the soil pipe is a bit too high. Could I fit strap-on boss onto the side of the soil pipe i.e a bit above the centerline.

Are there any other options :?:

Thanks in advance :)

Stelf
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Stelf » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi
The best option I can think of is to run the waste pipe from the shower alongside the soil pipe until it exits the building. Then connect the shower waste pipe to just below the soil pipe branch.
Best wishes

ashaw10
Labourer
Labourer

by ashaw10 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:29 am

Thanks Stelf, I hadn't thought of that.

The horizontal soil pipe runs accross the ensuite 1.2m then accross a bedroom 4m then into the bathroom 1.5m, then from there goes down vertically to the ground sewer.

I guess that would make the waste from the shower far too long.

If strap-on bosses are a no-no on the side of the soil pipe, I'll have to raise the shower tray a bit. This is a shame though as it was one of the main drivers for us in having a new shower in the first place i.e. we wanted a slim tray. :cry:

I haven't purchased the tray yet, and I'll have to look into the lowest shower tray waste, i.e. to keep the height of the tray to a min. I guess it is advisable to use a shower tray waste that's accessible from the top for easy cleaning/unblocking.

Regards

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:24 am