Shrinkage in Vinyl Tiles

Postby MaryEJM » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:01 am

Hello, I laid vinyl tiles a few months ago and they look great. However, since the cold weather set in I have noticed that they have shrunk a tiny bit, and the gaps between them show up. Can someone tell me if I can fill these gaps with anything, bearing in mind I guess the tiles will expand again in the summer.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:48 pm

Can't really give you much hope for a solution, did you have the tiles unpacked in the room for 24 hours before laying them? Are they laid on a floor which has bituminous adhesive in it? If yes to either of these there is no solution - sorry.

Postby TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:09 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!