Postby danferg » Tue May 11, 2010 12:48 pm


New to the forum, hope those who know a whole lot more than me can offer some advice.

We've recently had our property converted. Its Edwardian with a new extension off the back. We've had the place decorated by a decorator recommended by the builder.

There is alot of shrinkage cracking both in the new and old part of the house, some quite substantial particularly in the new part. Presumably this is quite normal? My question really is who is responsible for repair? The builder/decorator shrug their shoulders and say thats 'just shrinkage'. A couple of cracks here and there fair enough but theres substantially more than that. Are they right to ignore it?

Cheers all would appreciate any advice.
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:33 pm


Simply Build It