single block wall causing damp
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
comanche
Apprentice
Apprentice

single block wall causing damp

by comanche » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:44 pm

hi there the rear bathroom wall of my house is only a single block with no cavity in it so i get a lot of condensation on the tiles and damp around the windows. i think i know how to solve this but would like some advice on what materials etc to use . MY idea is to strip the wall back to block and vandex it then create a cavity on the inside of the wall with timber frame with celotex for insulation. do i need to put and airbrick in ? or am i completely wrong in what im suggesting , your help would be greatly appreciated

SPUD1701
Tradesman
Tradesman

by SPUD1701 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi

If you are proposing to built a timber wall to create a cavity then you will have to fit perp vents to outside brick between pointing to vent this sapce.

If you have not already tried, why not fit a dehumidistat extractor fan this will automatically come on when condensation in bathroom gets too high. Either fit trickle vent to window or brick vent through wall to oustide air to provide fresh air to replace what being removed by extractor and heat the room, by having these three things working this will reduce if not remove the condensation problem.

Hope this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm