sink fitting next to a corner joint
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Nickelwood
Labourer
Labourer

sink fitting next to a corner joint

by Nickelwood » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:55 am

Hi I have a customer where an inset sink with drainer is shown fitted into a corner position. Having looked at cutting the female part of the joint out I cannot see how you can effectively join the two parts of the work top as the bolts would appear to have nothing to grip one side. Are there special sinks? Any advice/comments welcome.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:55 am

you'd be better moving the sink if possible. it's not good to have it so close to the joint as the potential for prolonged water ingress is greater leading to a swollen and blistered worktop. it also makes for a weak joint.

but if you have no choice then i think biscuit jointing is the only way to go.

dbdunce
Apprentice
Apprentice

by dbdunce » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:15 pm

I've just finishing a kitchen with the same problem. I got round it with the choice of sink. When I ordered my units etc Homebase did a sink that was narrower (front to taps) than standard and I just managed to squeeze it in and leave the worktop jointing with the normal fittings. Only drawback was the sink material (stainless steel) was a little thin and the pillar taps I used had to be supported on the underneath to stop them flexing.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:28 am