SIZE OR NOT TO SIZE that is the question.
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
NORMAN
Apprentice
Apprentice

SIZE OR NOT TO SIZE that is the question.

by NORMAN » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:36 am

Condensation problem on the bedroom wall has led me to lining the wall with a double layer of polystyrene insulation approx now 1/4" thick. This has cured the cond'i problem, but now the tester is do I size the polystyrene with a stronger mix? wallpaper while the size is still moist?or is there another product that will seal the polystyrene layers? I can't afford to do a trial and error as my wallpaper is extremely limited.

No jokes about hot & steamy bedroom antics thanks, I've already done them. :lol:

Dave
Labourer
Labourer

by Dave » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:15 am

This has not solved your condensation problem just moved it.
Air movement is the answer.
you want ten millimeter gap under the doors

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:50 am

See the project on the website called condensation Norman.

NORMAN
Apprentice
Apprentice

by NORMAN » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:30 pm

Indeed Dave, good air circ' & ventillation was my prime concern. Thus I rectified first which left a small alcove type area in one corner of the room, which seemed to suffer from a condensation problem brought on by it being a outer wall and not of brick but tiled roofing /minimal insulation/plasterboard. Fitted cupboards on the adjacent wall have added extra circulation problems (previous owners).
UPDATE: I've gone ahead with a stronger than normal size mix, left to dry , papered over and left to dry at room temp for 2 days . So far I CAN detect hairline splits appearing on the seams , so its looking like another attempt later in the year.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:56 pm

MANY OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POSTS CAN BE FOUND, WITH DIAGRAMS, IN THE DIYDOCTOR PROJECTS SECTION. CLICK HERE www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:11 pm