slab base for play house
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
anakin
Apprentice
Apprentice

slab base for play house

by anakin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:45 am

Hi All

Have ordered a 10'x5' play house and have cleared an area at the top of the garden for the base. However, keep reading conflicting advice about how much preparation is needed for the base.

The area had a pile of flint gravel from the old driveway on top of some dirt and the soil that was under this is fairly well compacted.

Part of the lawn that was layed a few months ago also impinged onto the base. When flattening out the area to the approx lawn level I had to lift out a few big rocks and stones from the back of the base. Consequently, these two areas of the base will have low soil compaction.

I am going for the slabs on sand and cement method but I don't know if I need to dig deeper and put down a hardcore sub base first, or would that be overkill?

If I could use the existing gravel for any hardcore base that would be useful, otherwise how much hardcore do you guys think I would need to order.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Neil

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:26 am

See the building a driveway project and constructing a shed base projects for sub base information then use the material volumes calculator and graph for quantities.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 am