Sliding wardrobes
Questions answered and a range of solutions on problems and issues encountered with timber framed buildings

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
studog
Labourer
Labourer

Sliding wardrobes

by studog » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:17 pm

Hello knowledge masters!!!

I am looking to fit myself a sliding wardrobe at the end of my bedroom and I want it to be a mirrored one. So I research buying "pre fabed" doors and the largest I can get for a decent price is 2500mm high. My house is a really old back to back and the floor to ceiling measurement is 2800mm.

I'm having trouble figuring out how I will fit them... will I have to build a platform at the bottom 300mm high? also would you advise to build a structure on the inside and line it so that my clothes etc are not in contact with the wall?

All help/ideas/advice is welcome on this one, it's my first go at joiney, so i'm slightly apprehensive!

Regards,

Stu

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi

Have you had a look at the DIY Projects area: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm There is a project called "Sliding wardrobe doors" that offer you some help and advice.

Regards

laorc
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Sliding wardrobes

by laorc » Sat May 12, 2012 8:47 am

I would build a header at the top rather than building up from the bottom, if you have a section at the bottom you will find you will trip on it. I think a company called spaceslide do doors upto 2800 high might be worth looking at them and you wont need a header

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:16 pm