Slipping roof panels
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Hodko
Labourer
Labourer

Slipping roof panels

Post by Hodko » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Hi - a couple of the roof panels on my conservatory have started to slip - looking at the end caps, they are nothing more than a clip pushed into the roof bars to hold the PVC end piece.

I need an end cap which will screw into the roof bar - can anyone recommend a company which would supply something like this - I've trolled the internet with no luck

Cheers

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:16 pm

There must be measn of securing the panels not just the end caps. Have you tried talking to the supplier / manufacturer of the conservatory?

Cheers

Hodko
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Hodko » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:43 pm

They're not a great deal of help - it's a few years old so they've had their money from me. There idea of help is to send a man in a van round with a big piece of wood to bang the panel back into place.

Lasts a few weeks then goes again

Nextdoor neighbour has just simple pieces of metal screwed into the end of the roof bars which match the profile of the bar - they would be ideal

With all the conservatory compaines around I didn't think it would be this difficult to find a solution ! :?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 am