Slow draining new shower

Postby txp112 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:36 pm

hi

i've recently had an ensuite made and a shower fitted. I was testing the shower when i noticed that the water drained very slowly.

I assumed it may have been some grout from the tiling or dust from the building work being carried out in the property. however using a plunger and trying to shift the blockage with a piece of electrical wire im not sure what the problem could be.

Im having the same problem with the new bath which has been just fitted. i would be grateful if you could help. i was thinking of using some chemicals but the shower and bath have not been used so i dont presume it could be hair or grease. cheers
txp112
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby wingleburtbenglebink » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:00 pm

Difficult to know. It could easily be a blockage. It could also be insufficient fall on the waste pipe. If it worked once then became a problem the waste may have sagged. Why not ask your plumber to sort it out, after all you paid for a correctly functioning waste and if he is a good boy, he will not want to leave you with a problem.
wingleburtbenglebink
Progress to next rank:
31.6%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!