small holes on the ceiling nearby recently fitted window
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
zuki
Labourer
Labourer

small holes on the ceiling nearby recently fitted window

by zuki » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:59 pm

I am new to this forum and hope I am posting this in the right section.

I have my french door fitted in the living room two months ago (June 2011) and had no problem until this morning when I found five small holes on the wall/ceiling directly attached to the window. To my eye, the holes appear at regular intervals. I can see some water leak from the hole in the middle.
We had some rain last night.

My house was built in 1930s, if this is any relevant.

I am not sure whether or not I should contact the window company about this because I do not know the cause of this problem.

It would be reallly great if anyone can give any advice on my problem.

Best,

Zuki

zuki
Labourer
Labourer

re: extra information

by zuki » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Some extra information.

I just learned from my hubby that he drilled those five holes two months ago (just after fitting the windows) for the curtain rail (though it was not successful). Therefore, it seems that the holes themselves are nothing to do with the window. However, I still do not know why the holes has appeared (they were concealed with fillers) and some water is leakng from the hole in the centre.

Any advice/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Zuki

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

upvc

by welsh brickie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:52 pm

check the outside for cracks in the render or brickwork and fill in and seal where nessasary,Then hose the wall to see if or where it comes in.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:22 pm