Smeg Oven not heating at all
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
terbrads
Labourer
Labourer

Smeg Oven not heating at all

by terbrads » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:17 pm

I have a SMEG oven (model SE378MFX5) which is about eighteen months old. It has been used quite a lot and I have mostly only used the fan cooking option which relies on one of three elements which is in the centre of the oven. About two weeks ago this element stopped heating up so I carried on cooking using the upper and lower element options until I could get a replacement for the fan element. That was okay until I went to use the oven on the weekend and it wouldn't heat at all. The main oven light comes on and there is a lower fan which was turning okay but the centre fan wouldn't turn and the orange heat indicator light didn't come on either. Could it be the thermostat? I am not going to try to replace it myself but would like a heads-up if possible before bringing in an engineer.
I would be very grateful for any advice,
thanks,
Terry.

terbrads
Labourer
Labourer

by terbrads » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:13 am

Found the problem. Had removed the door to clean oven and not re-fitted correctly. There is a cut-out switch behind the RH hinge. Have re-fitted door correctly and oven is working again.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:58 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:41 pm