Smell in kitchen
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BplBabe
Labourer
Labourer

Smell in kitchen

by BplBabe » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:30 pm

Can anyone give me some ideas on this one?

There's a hideous smell eminating from my kitchen - been there for about a week. I think it's coming from where the soil pipe comes through the kitchen extension.

There is a leak to this area so I don't know whether the smell is simply because the area is waterlogged or something more sinister. I have friends hubby coming to sort the leak out soon.

It's not a drain smell but it does smell kind of pooey.

I thought of maybe a cracked soil pipe or something but if this was the case would the smell be permanently there or just when the toilet is flushed? And wouldn't it be a drain smell? There doesn't seem to be any drain blockage anywhere - everything is draining away where it should.

As a single woman I don't want to be getting anyone else out to look at the job for fear of getting stung by cowboys.

I'm at a complete loss!!

BplBabe
Labourer
Labourer

by BplBabe » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:35 pm

I've worked it out.

It was coming from the fridge freezer - in the area where the motor/fan is. I took the cover off and horror of horrors it looked as though a small mouse or something had got inside, died, and rotted away.

It was truly hideous - I was retching all the time but managed to clean it out so hopefully the smell will go.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:18 am