smooth paint for uneven walls
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ste1982
Apprentice
Apprentice

smooth paint for uneven walls

Post by ste1982 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:58 am

can anyone tell me the best paint for uneven walls with small holes and cracks,thanks.

also is polycell mould killer any good? or is there anything better?

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

Re: smooth paint for uneven walls

Post by JRS » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Dont think there is any paint capabile of filling holes, that i know of anyway. Matt is better for poor walls as it shows less defects unlike silk which shows every imperfection.

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

Post by theshedman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:43 am

I think you are going to have to fill the holes and cracks first otherwise they will just be back as soon as any paint you put on dries and maybe look worse than it did in the first place. There just aren't any shortcuts to preparation if you want it to look right. As JRS says if the walls are not in very good condition then use a matt finish. As for the mould killer I usually use Dettox mould and mildew remover and find it gets rid of it. As with all of these products you may find that you have to use it more than once and it won't always get rid of stains the mould may have caused.

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

Post by JRS » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Never noticed the mould bit, I just use anti fungasidal wash and stain block sprag to get rid of the water mark.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:43 am