Sockets / Sinks. Help !
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Shane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sockets / Sinks. Help !

by Shane » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:14 pm

Hi . can you help. Have two double sockets one on each side of a gas cooker,both 90mm away.

A fused switch 70 mm from the edge of the sink.

A normal double socket under the sink almost underneath the top of the outlet of a dishwasher. ( 60mm from plug to side of vertical pipe )

My P reg man says this is all OK.

?? Where do I go from here ??

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Sockets / Sinks. Help !

by BLAKEY1963 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:56 pm

[quote="Shane"]Hi . can you help. Have two double sockets one on each side of a gas cooker,both 90mm away.

A fused switch 70 mm from the edge of the sink.

A normal double socket under the sink almost underneath the top of the outlet of a dishwasher. ( 60mm from plug to side of vertical pipe )

My P reg man says this is all OK.

?? Where do I go from here ??[/quote]

SHANE
SOCKETS SHOULD B AT LEAST 300 MM2 FROM COOKER AND
300 MM2 FOR FUSED SWITCH FROM EDGE OF SINK.
INFO FROM GUIDANCE NOTE 1 IEE SELECTION AND ERECTION OF EQUIPMENT.
AS 4 THE DOUBLE SOCKET I WOULD ASSUME IT WAS ON THE RING AND NOT A SPUR. AND IT BEING SO CLOSE TO THE OUTLET OF THE DISHWASHER IT SHOULD BE A WATERPROOF TYPE WITH SNAP SHUT COVER OVER PLUG.( I INSTALL THESE TYPE WITH LOW LEVEL WATER FED APPLIANCES, EG WASHING MACHINES DISHWASHERS , AND THEY R NORMALY FED FROM WORKTOP LEVEL SPURS ON THE RING , AND TO FEED THE APPLIANCE A SINGLE SOCKET FOR IT NOT DOUBLE )
I CANNOT COMMENT ON WHAT YOUR P REG MAN HAS DONE
BUT AS A PART P MAN MYSLEF THE COMMENTS I HAVE STATED IS HOW I WOULD INSTALL IT.
BLAKEY1963.

Shane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Inside / Outside Circuits

by Shane » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:16 pm

Already have outside light and socket circuits. Spark has spured of new kitchen extension ring to outside double socket.

Kitchen lights go to outside light 6 amp RCD.

This cannot be right.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:47 am