I recently replaced an old doube light switch with a silver one and fitted a 3 lamp spot light in the kitchen. All is working as before along with all other lights in house. However, the consumer unit now trips the sockets only. could I have caused this to happen?, despite all the lights still working. the consumer unit is less than a year old and fitted by a spark.
Could heavy rain fall have caused this to happen (water getting in somehow)?
It happened when I was hoovering, via an extension cable - could a faulty appliance have damaged the socket itself? (It trips after about 2 minutes).
Any advise given would be much appreciated.