Soffirs and Guttering Replaced in Property but Felt Frayed and Dangling Behind Facia?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Damoville
Labourer
Labourer

Soffirs and Guttering Replaced in Property but Felt Frayed and Dangling Behind Facia?

Post by Damoville » Sun May 24, 2015 8:24 am

Hi guys
New to this forum!

We have recently had our sofits, guttering and facia boards replaced on our house. The work has been completed and when I was in the loft I noticed that the roof felt was frayed and dangling down behind the facia board.
My understanding was that the felt should have been repaired and extended under the tiles to avoid issues with water and condensation- is this correct??

Should this be carried out as standard practice or does the customer have to ask for it to be done?

many thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Soffirs and Guttering Replaced in Property but Felt Frayed and Dangling Behind Facia?

Post by stoneyboy » Mon May 25, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi Damoville,
As a direct answer to your question - yes the bottom edge of your underfelt should have been repaired. This does make the whole job more involved (and expensive) because scaffolding is needed so that the lower rows of tiles can be removed, a reinforcing strip of underfelt fitted under the existing felt and is lapped down into the gutter.
Your contractor should have offered you the option to have this done but you would be looking at a lot more money.
end

Damoville
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Soffirs and Guttering Replaced in Property but Felt Frayed and Dangling Behind Facia?

Post by Damoville » Wed May 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:33 am