Soil pipe

Postby Newps » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:04 am

Hi there,
I have a cast iron soil pipe that feeds into the bathroom, its very old and probably needs replacing on the outside.....but

But i have just installed a new toilet and the soil pipe comes thru the wall at an angle in an upwards direction making joining the toilet to the pipe difficult. The soil pipe that comes thru the wall has a plastic insert, can this be removed such that i can then feed a long flexible pan connector to the cast iron part of the pan.

Basically the soil pipe is higher than the WC connector and because the WC is close to the soil pipe it makes connection difficult, also the WC is theirfore sending the waste upwards to the soil pipe at which i assume is not best practice, the original WC was the same.

Can i remove the old plastic insert from the cast iron pipe and push a flexible connector right into the Cast iron pipe or is it a case of either increasing height of WC or moving soil pipe position?

Would using an offset WC connector help?

Link to images

Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:52 am


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:59 pm

You need to increase the height of the WC (easiest option) or drop the soil pipe connection.

There's no other way, you're not going to get a proper seal with the fittings. And may find waste will not flush away properly.

htg engineer
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics