Solar panel installation

Postby brucephipps » Mon May 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi, I had some solar panels installed about a year ago, which meant having a new cylinder, pipework, pump etc fitted. Recently, a friend of mine had an installation done too and when I looked at it, all seemed the same apart from the orientation of the expansion vessel. In his, the vessel is mounted upside down, above the pump, so that the connecting hose comes out underneath. On mine, the vessel is mounted adjacent to the pump, the normal way round, with the hose attached to the top. I thought at first this was a mistake, but looking at the installation guide, it shows the vessel fitted in the way that mine is. So does it not matter which way round it goes?

Appreciate anyone's thoughts,
Thanks
Bruce
brucephipps
Progress to next rank:
36.8%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!