Solid wood or carpet. Help please!
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
warwar88
Labourer
Labourer

Solid wood or carpet. Help please!

by warwar88 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:09 pm

Hello

I'm planning to change the flooring for my living room and kitchen. I can't decide between wood flooring and carpet for the living room and had no idea what kind of flooring would be best for the kitchen.

Please can anyone help.

Many Thanks!

claire.arnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

Laminate & Ceramic

by claire.arnold » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:51 am

Hi, I've just been doing the same with my flooring & have found laminate flooring is great. It's easy to prepare, fit & clean providing you have all the right tools & pick the right type of laminate flooring for the room. A living room will need a hard-wearing laminate floor as it will be the most used room. I've also found that carpets are not good if you have pets/children. My living room carpet has got so much ground-in dirt & food in it & am hoping to replace it with laminate flooring as another carpet will cost roughly the same amount & cleaning the old carpet professionally is just not worth it now. We got our laminate flooring from Ikea & have found it to be excellent.

With the kitchen, you can get laminate flooring specifically for humid rooms but I personally didn't like the idea. We have a concrete floor so just laid ceramic floor tiles. We've carried the same tiles through the hall & into the bathroom. Cleaning them is pretty easy as well, you simply sweep them or mop them. They're pretty easy to fit as well. My husband has never tiled before & has done a fab job, you just need the correct equipment to prevent air pockets forming in the tiles. They're great if your floor is slightly uneven as well.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:16 am