Solution for a Non-Square Wall and Shower Tray?

Postby turnbats » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:39 pm

Am a complete beginner when it comes to DIY, have bought my first house and most of the (what I consider) complex jobs have been done by tradesmen.

Had the bathroom re-plastered, and sadly, where the plasterer has rebuilt a stud wall which the shower tray will go against, they haven't done it square.

The below is the end result:

As you can see, the edge touches the wall, but at the back the gap is about an inch in size. (They did a smashing job with the rest of the house mind)..

Sufficed to say, the plasterer in't going to redo it.. I was wondering if anyone else has come across anything similar, and had a good fix, or ideas for a fix?

(Have searched the forum but haven't seen a similar situation)

Thanks
turnbats
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby lets have a look » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:17 pm

you can either put up more plasterboard inside the shower screen and pack it out or chisel into the plasterboard and wood to let the tray sink into the wall
lets have a look
Progress to next rank:
4.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!