some rads are not getting hot
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sal300
Labourer
Labourer

some rads are not getting hot

by sal300 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:29 pm

Can any one please give me some advice.
My husband recently has fitted a new boilerand all the rads were working but over the last few days some are not getting hot. I have bled the rads but one dosn't seem to have any air or water in it. Could this be the cause of the others not getting hot? If so what do I need to do?
Thanks

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

by DUDE DIY » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:53 pm

Unless you husband is corgi registered then he shouldnt be fitting boilers. Its against the law. I would get it checked out by a professional as it could be v. dangerous. One consolation is if your house blows up becasue of a gas leak you wont have to worry about the radiators not working properly!!!...seriously get a professional sooner rather than later. Thanks

Bay Plumbing
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Bay Plumbing » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:34 pm

I agree Dude PEOPLE PLEASE [u]DON'T[/u] FIT GAS APPLIANCES IF YOU ARE NOT FULLY TRAINED!!!!
we don't spend hard earned cash to train so that DIYers can do it cheaper and risk lives!!!!!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:42 pm

If your husband was a plumber / heating engineer and CORGI registered installer, then getting the radiators to heat up and filling and venting the system wouldn't be a problem for him. As he isn't capable of sorting this very minor fault/problem, he's definately not competent enough to be installing boilers.

So it seems this is a DIY installation, which is illegal. The only advice I'm willing to give is - get a CORGI registered installer to come out and check the installation is safe for use, and get him to solve the heating problem while he's there.

What are you going to do about the boiler warranty ?
Without a registered installer's signature and registration number your boiler warranty is void.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1