SOS Bath Plug Leak After Undoing - Can you Replace the Seal?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DIYSOS
Labourer
Labourer

SOS Bath Plug Leak After Undoing - Can you Replace the Seal?

Post by DIYSOS » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:06 pm

hi,
the bathwater was draining slowing so I bought some Rhino sulphuric acid from robert dyas to see if it would help. unfortunately it's ruined the stainless steel plug hole cover thing. (see pic)
Foolishly, I undid the screw that goes through the middle to see if I'd be able to fit a replacement. I think i've broken the seal because it now seems to be leaking very slightly from underneath :-(

Does anyone know if I can buy a replacement plughole cover (pic attached) and if I can fit it myself? Will I need a washer or special product to seal it? I know NOTHING about plumbing and DIY. The handyman wants £85 call out.. any help gratefully received. I did a google search but not sure what it's called!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: SOS Bath Plug Leak After Undoing - Can you Replace the Seal?

Post by proptech » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi DIYSOS

You'll need to access under the bath. The lower part of the waste fitting will have a washer to seal against the bath. A good smear of Fernox LS-X on both sides of the washer should sort the problem.
As you say the existing fitting is ruined, replace the whole waste fitting using the same sealant.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:16 pm