space heater playing up
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
terry38102
Apprentice
Apprentice

space heater playing up

by terry38102 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:43 pm

hi there i have a propane space heater i use in the garage it is quite old all the model numbers are worn away so i am not sure what kind it is but it is a easy heat anyway when i switch it on for a start it will work fine for about a hour or so then it will cut out the fan stays on but no gas coming through and it wont light again

you have to leave it about 30mins before it will start again then after an hour it will cut out again just wandered if anyone knows anything about them and can suggest anything that may cause this to happen

i live in the north of scotland and even this time of year it can br a bit chilly

thanks

ericmark

by ericmark » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:04 pm

There is a little disc like thing normally with two screws which operates when over temp. If the regulator has been turned up at all this may trigger switching it off simple way is to turn down gas a little.

terry38102
Apprentice
Apprentice

by terry38102 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:29 pm

[quote="ericmark"]There is a little disc like thing normally with two screws which operates when over temp. If the regulator has been turned up at all this may trigger switching it off simple way is to turn down gas a little.[/quote]

thanks for the advice sorry took so long to reply pc went belly up

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 am