Splashback materials
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
John A Smith
Labourer
Labourer

Splashback materials

by John A Smith » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:29 pm

The first row of 4.5" tiles above the worktop has a number of cracked tiles developed over the years. The rest of the tiles are still ok so I thought that I would cover the row with some thin material to give a slashback effect. Standard worktop upstands are only 3" high so not suitable. I don't want anything too thick, I even thought of plastic but where can I get 15ft x 4.5" strips of cream/beige plastic from? Has anyone got any suggestions?

richlee
Labourer
Labourer

by richlee » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:04 pm

I used Shower Wall to cover entire gap from worktop to bottom of wall units. No problems, even behind electric hob. It's half inch Marine Ply with a Formica surface and loads of patterns available.

Richard

rocksteady
Labourer
Labourer

splashback ideas

by rocksteady » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:24 pm

If you are looking for something thinner than standard worktop to cover existing tiles as a splashback there are several options, glass is available in 6mm and can be painted in any colour or pattern and can even be back lit.

Quartz and Corian is available in 13mm and every conceivable colour, natural stone in 20mm or alternatively it is possible to tile straight over the top of existing tiles.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:10 am