Splashbacks v tiling?
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alison1971
Tradesman
Tradesman

Splashbacks v tiling?

by alison1971 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 pm

Hello

can anyone give me some ideas on splash backs for a kitchen.

I have seen glass splahbacks at BQ but seem expensive....
What are the alternatives? Plastic?
I am wondering about something other than tiles, for decorative and practical use.

Alison :)

swidders
Ganger
Ganger

by swidders » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:02 am

One friend of mine went to a glaziers and ordered clear safety glass with smoothed edges for the size he wanted. He then painted one side of these and used mirror clips to put it in place as splashbacks. Three years later, he redecorated his kitchen (he's like that!!). He took the glass off, scraped off the old paint and put a new colour on, incorporating a couple of stencil designs (think he watched too much "changing rooms").

Simple, but effective and easy to clean. Not as expensive as BQ and versatile.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:03 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

Steveyw
Labourer
Labourer

coloured glass splashbacks

by Steveyw » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:18 am

I recently had a custom made splashback fitted by a company called adplan glass. was really well priced and advised me on how to fit it myself.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:36 pm