Splitting large attic into two rooms
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
diyweekend
Apprentice
Apprentice

Splitting large attic into two rooms

by diyweekend » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:31 pm

Hello

Please can you give me some advice if planning permission needs to be sort if i want to split a large attic room into two rooms. The stair case to the attic is already in my large terraced house. The two rooms would measure 13 feet by 10 and 9.5 feet by 9 feet. I would also have room for a landing area for access the two rooms. there is an original door to the attic and each room would have a velux windows which is in the attic each side at present. All i would do would be to place the partition walls for each room and landing area. The house was sold as two bed with possiblity to split the attic room into two bedroooms.

Just as a foot note the flooring is that of Joist that has normal floorboarding on i would say the joist are of orginal construction of the house and six inches in depth, so i see no issues with the flooring just the permission to split a room.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:52 pm

diyweekend,
Suggest you just get on with it, if asked it was like it when you bought the house.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1