Spur/shower feed question
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stone0898
Labourer
Labourer

Spur/shower feed question

by stone0898 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:11 am

I'm installing a power shower in my bathroom (long overdue). The shower is rated 3 amps. My hot water immersion heater is also on a 3 amp spur, but I have never used it. Can I disconnect the immersion heater, replace the immersion heater switch with an RCD spur, and connect my shower from there. I'm expecting the answer to be no, but thought I'd ask on the off chance to save me going through walls and spurring off a socket in the bedroom. Cheers in advance.

ELECTRICAL WORK IN A BATHROOM REQUIRING A NEW CIRCUIT OR ELECTRICAL WORK ON A SHOWER REQUIRES CERTIFICATION BY AN ELECTRICIAN QUALIFIED TO DO SO UNDER PART P OF THE BUILDING REGULATIONS.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:36 pm

presume a typo as immersion heater spur will be 13 amp not 3a. the way you describe what you would do is fine if immersion not required.I would do exactly that bearing in mind i am a PART P regd. electrician see previous comment.
ALSO you must connect pipes in bathroom to earth term. in rcd spur, may be possible in adjacent airing cupboard, ask a sparks..........

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:49 pm