Spurting toilet

Postby lizzy » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:33 am

We have just moved into a new house and one of the toilets spurts water up through the cistern. One of the mechanisms in there (sorry dont know what it is called but is on left side of cistern) is the one spurting water from the top. As you can tell I am totally in the dark when it comes to plumbing but dont want to spend a fortune on repairs if I dont need to.
lizzy
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby andy.blackpool » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:26 pm

Thing you need a new valve
andy.blackpool
Progress to next rank:
78.9%

Postby heathcote123 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:01 pm

[quote="lizzy"]We have just moved into a new house and one of the toilets spurts water up through the cistern. One of the mechanisms in there (sorry dont know what it is called but is on left side of cistern) is the one spurting water from the top. As you can tell I am totally in the dark when it comes to plumbing but dont want to spend a fortune on repairs if I dont need to.[/quote]

I just fitted a toilet and had the same issue. In my case it was because I'd forgotten to fit a little clip thing that clips on where the water comes out, and sends the water back in the proper direction.

I think they must be quite common because there was one in the old toilet too.

ps I suffered a lot of swearing and wet floors, so it may be better taking the advice of a plumber.
heathcote123
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!