Stained Indian Stone Patio After Brushing Sand and Cement Mix to Fill Joints
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pennypooch
Labourer
Labourer

Stained Indian Stone Patio After Brushing Sand and Cement Mix to Fill Joints

by pennypooch » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Just had a large patio laid in Indian Stone. The workman used brushing sand and cement mix brushed into the joints. I now find, after some rain, that the lovely colours of the stone is now cement grey. I have tried wetting and brushing hard to no avail. On wetting and brushing the colour does reappear but goes back to grey as it dries. Any ideas on how to remove the staining so that the colours reappear please.
As you can imagine I am very upset as it has cost me a fortune. I need to know how to bring the colour back to life so I can put my foot down with the garden centre that did it.
Many thanks in advance.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Stained Indian Stone Patio After Brushing Sand and Cement Mix to Fill Joints

by welsh brickie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:48 am

unfortunately the stain in the cement is now embedded in the grain of the stone, An acid can be used to remove the staining, or you can spray a sealant that will enhance the natural colour of the stone, try rock unique ltd, they have the products you are looking for.

pennypooch
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Stained Indian Stone Patio After Brushing Sand and Cement Mix to Fill Joints

by pennypooch » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:15 pm

Thank you Welsh Brickie. Sorry for late reply but been busy. I will tell the people who laid the patio what you have recommended. At the moment they are saying the rain will eventually get rid of it but not to worry they will
sort it but I think they are at a bit of a loss. Heart breaking as there is 120 sq metres of stone. Not a cheap job by any means.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:22 am