stained porcelain tiles
Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ajones
Labourer
Labourer

stained porcelain tiles

by ajones » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:35 pm

i have just had electric underfloor heating and porcelain tiles layed in my conservatory but the tiles were not sealed and the grout has stained them,the tiler who fitted them wants to tile over the top ,i am concerned that the heating will not be as good and the tiles will not bond to the damaged ones do i make him rip it up and start again. :

give it a try
Labourer
Labourer

by give it a try » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:35 pm

You can get some good cleaners from made by a company called lithofin - seen them here [url]http://www.tileclick.co.uk/additional-Lithofin-Wexa-1Ltr-ACC00756-63.asp[/url] i have used this on procelain tiles with very fine pin prick type of finish, and it got the grout residue off. You can then get a sealer - if that doesnt work you can call lithofin direct and speak to technical and they were pretty good.
As far as the effectiveness of the heating - it will take longer to warm up, but the tiles will hold the heat and then cool down longer after the heating goes off, hope this helps.

NCD
Labourer
Labourer

by NCD » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:15 am

Hi, I was under the impression that porcelain tiles have a glaze on them already so how can the be sealed with seal? I know you can seal the grout but because porcelain has this glaze how can the actual tile be sealed???

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:11 pm