Stair Support Below Half Landing in Integral Garage
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Contender
Labourer
Labourer

Stair Support Below Half Landing in Integral Garage

by Contender » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:59 am

I have an integral garage and at the inner end there is a lowered ceiling at half height to allow stairs to curl round up to first floor.
The stair above the lowered ceiling is the half landing and upper flight to the first floor.
I want to line out the stair only and support the half landing with a post. This will allow full height headroom on one side. The existing lowered ceiling edge is supported by a deep timber beam which is supporting the half landing. I am assuming that this is all it does and that the first floor is always supported at that level. I can see a beam there also.
I will obviously be cutting half of the lower beam away after propping the half landing.
Thanks for any confidence boosting.....

DIYDoctor2
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Stair Support Below Half Landing in Integral Garage

by DIYDoctor2 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:27 pm

We will happily advise but after reading through this post a few times (although it is obviously clear to you) we are not confident in giving you a safe reply on the. description given. We suspect this may well be the case with the hundred or so people who have already viewed this post.

We suggest you use the upload facility to post some pictures or drawings of the proposed alterations including any which might show any existing superstructure uncovered by the work you have done already.

Incidentally we will soon be introducing our membership club whereby if you purchase a tool from our tool store https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/DIY-superstore/ you automatically gain free membership to our support system.

This means you can contact us directly for help and advice on any project where you are using the tool purchased. If you would like advance membership simply purchase a relevant tool then contact us https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/contact/ quoting your order number and ask for membership - you will be contacted within 24 hours by one of our qualified support staff.

Please note this offer does not exclude you from using the forum as normal and we will do our best to help you through this medium also.

Yours DIY Doctor

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:11 am