Static off 2 gang switch


Postby BobAjob2 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:54 pm

Hello, we've got brass sockets, newish, installed about 5 years ago in a 20 year old house.
Last night I went to switch off a phone charger and got a minute spark as I touched the plate.
I went around touching other plates without anything happening.
I am the sort of person who gets a static shock touching handrails in shops.

Should I be getting an electrician around or is it just me being highly charged?

Thanks for any (sensible) advice.
BobAjob2
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:47 pm

It is unlikely to get static from an earthed item and very unlikely to get it from one earthed item and not another.

So it is likely there is some fault somewhere which could give a nasty shock so I would advise you to get it looked at ASAP.
ericmark
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Mold, North Wales.


Postby 1stassetelectrical » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:39 pm

BobAjob2 wrote:Hello, we've got brass sockets, newish, installed about 5 years ago in a 20 year old house.
Last night I went to switch off a phone charger and got a minute spark as I touched the plate.
I went around touching other plates without anything happening.
I am the sort of person who gets a static shock touching handrails in shops.

Should I be getting an electrician around or is it just me being highly charged?

Thanks for any (sensible) advice.


I would agree with getting it checked out especially if you don't have rcd protection on the circuit
Paul
1stassetelectrical
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:34 pm


Postby BobAjob2 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:06 am

There is an RCD for the circuit and it hasn't happened again but I'll get it checked anyway.

Thanks for the replies.
BobAjob2
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:01 pm


Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


 


  • Related Topics