stencils
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
klmkd
Labourer
Labourer

stencils

by klmkd » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:41 pm

im plaaning on writing my sons name on his bedroom wall by making some stencils. however i have no idea where to start!!! ive printed out the letters in the right soze and text and have brought some strong card to make the stencils with.
now im not sure what to do!!! im also stuck on what i will do with the letters B.R.A.D as i will need the middle bits on the stencil.
any ideas or thioughts? ... please!!!!
xxx

spitty
Labourer
Labourer

stencils

by spitty » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:00 pm

Stencils usually are made of strong plastic but card should do it, if you look at some of the stencil sites on the internet you will get ideas of how to create the difficult letters hopefully! Use spray glue to hold stencils on the wall I can't remenber what its called but available in craft shops, holds the stencil in place then allows you to peel of easily. Practice first on spare paper, don't use a lot of paint or it will run down the wall and use a dabbing motion, if you havent got a stencil brush, put an elastic band round the bristles of an ordinary one to keep them close together - good luck!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:42 am