Storm Drain Channel Placement
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mdemetri2
Tradesman
Tradesman

Storm Drain Channel Placement

by mdemetri2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi

I recently found we get a hell of a lot of water run off from the two gardens at the back of our garden - which are about a foot higher than our garden. The main problem comes from a particular section, at the back of my garage, which incidently has an extended concrete base at the back.

What I intend to do is install a storm drain channel, but not not sure of its placement i.e. closer to the garage, closer to my fence, straight line or an 'L' shape?

Once I get the water problem sorted I intend to make a lean to at the back of the garage covering the extended base where I can store things.

I have attached a drawing (had to rotate based on image restriction size), but will post a picture later, once the post is approved.

Any advice on placement would be appreciated.
Attachments
drawing of area behind garage, where water run off comes from neighbours garden.
drawing of area behind garage, where water run off comes from neighbours garden.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Storm Drain Channel Placement

by welsh brickie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:19 pm

you need to install an aco drain channel against the wall of the garage and along the path it will connect into the surface drain (the gully for your down spout).www.aco.co.uk

mdemetri2
Tradesman
Tradesman

by mdemetri2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:00 pm

thanks for the reply welsh brickie! I was only planning on putting drainage behind the garage (as it is from here the water is worse). Although currently it does run onto the path and down the side of the garage, it is not a problem on the grass.

I would expect that by placing an aco drain along the back of the garage as you say (and not up closer to the fence gravel board) it would collect all the water - hence my question about whether to have a straight line of drain or an L to include for the little bit along the path running next to the base extension...... if you know what I mean. See new diagram, red line.
Attachments
garden expl1.JPG

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by welsh brickie » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:35 pm

I would lay it against the garage the problem is the ammount of rainfall it can hold.You need to connect it to the surface water gully for it to work effectively.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:53 am