Structural engineer or design certificate.

Postby fmck » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:32 pm

I have been getting some prices for doing building warrant drawings for a loft conversion.
I have had a price and they say they can organise a or a quicker method would be to have a design certificate from an engineering company they work with.

Anyone out there that can explain this design certificate whats involved.

Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:49 pm


Simply Build It

Postby SPUD1701 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:33 pm


A structural design certificate by an engineer usually means the engineer wil do structural calculations on the design and certify this design which means his/her insurance would cover the design, if any problems, but can be more expensive and time consuming or you can get an engineer to only do the structural calculations which will usually get checked by another engineer or suitable person who can check calculations. With calculations the design will not be certified by the other party they will only confirm that the calculations and working are correct. Less cost and maybe quicker in the process
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics