Studio Flat/Apartment Room Layout/Partition Ideas and Help Needed

Postby BabyBird21 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:46 am

Hello. I wasn't sure if this should be in this category or the architecture self build and design category, Sorry if im in the wrong one.

I am desperate for some guidance. I am really hoping someone can help me with this. Been living here almost 2 years now, have finally got the rest of the flat/apartment sorted and am now just left with the area im stuck on ideas with.
Hello. I wasn't sure if this should be in this category or the architecture self build and design category, Sorry if im in the wrong one.

I am desperate for some guidance. I am really hoping someone can help me with this. Been living here almost 2 years now, have finally got the rest of the flat/apartment sorted and am now just left with the area im stuck on ideas with.

I live in a studio flat/apartment, bathroom and kitchen has its own seperate room off a hallway, but the main bedroom and living room area is one big room. I want to divide it up so that its two rooms (dont want bed visible) but there are a few issues stopping me from knowing what to do with it, First of all the layout is horrible and it only has one big window and balcony door on one end, so no matter how i configure the layout, one room wont have the window. I have considered using some kind of divider that is glass, like frosted sliding doors for example to let the light through.

But i really wanted some more opinions from people who have more knowledge of design then i do.

I have attached photos and a rough floor plan to give you an idea (it isnt to scale)

Please can someone help me? How would you divide it if it was yours? Which end would be which room if it was your apartment? If anyone would like exact room measurements i can get them just let me know

I would be so grateful to anyone who can take the time to help me

thanks

P.S. These photos are rather old, ive since had new doors put in, a new wooden floor, new bed, and the pipes around the base boards/skirting boards have been boxed in to be hidden.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg
BabyBird21
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!