Supplier of Bi-Fold doors with removable 45 degree posts?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Boggie
Labourer
Labourer

Supplier of Bi-Fold doors with removable 45 degree posts?

Post by Boggie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi all,

I am building an extension where the architect has specified a large foldaway glass wall. The problem I am having is finding a supplier that can provide bifolding doors with removable posts at 45 degrees. To explain:

The wall is made up of three sections. The two larger ones are at 90 degrees to each other with a smaller section joining them together by cutting across the corner at 45 degrees. The posts at the two 45 degree corners on each side of the short joining section need to be removable and ideally attached to the glass panels so the whole lot can be folded away. The decking outside will be set at the same height as the wood flooring inside and the tracks that the bifolds run in need to be recessed so that when the bifolds are split and folded to each end of the opening, the inside floor level out to the patio is uninterrupted (apart from a subtle drain channel) so the outside and inside are one big space.

Still with me? Apologies if I have not made it clear and please feel free to ask questions.

My problem is that I cannot find anyone with a reasonable priced solution for the 45 degree removable posts. Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks,
B

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Supplier of Bi-Fold doors with removable 45 degree posts?

Post by welsh brickie » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Boggie
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Supplier of Bi-Fold doors with removable 45 degree posts?

Post by Boggie » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:52 am

Thanks for that but unfortunately they can't do it.

Cheers,
B

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:18 pm