Supporting Wall or Not in 1950's Property?
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
maax555
Labourer
Labourer

Supporting Wall or Not in 1950's Property?

Post by maax555 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi All, just thought i would pose this question to the knowledgeable people on here. Please see attached pics. Eventually would like to remove the wall shown in the pics to achieve the layout in the NEW PLAN pic. However I wont be in a position to do this for another year or so. Until then I would like to remove the wall to achieve the same as the NEIGHBOURS pic. I would also like to remove the short horizontal section of wall to the left of the kitchen door. Both of my neighbours have removed the wall as shown and did not take any measures to strengthen it. One particular neighbour who was in the building trade said that the beams in the ceiling just meet the requirements for the distance of the left hand external wall to the centre wall. The distance is 3750mm and beams are 175 x 50mm. As the wall is a brick wall I was worried it may be a supporting wall but I believe as the house is 1950's build internal non supporting brick walls were common. I have also attached a view of the upstairs layout. Would love to hear some expert thoughts on this.

regards Russ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:23 am