Swiftfow 80 No power to fan or Pump
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
eckolop
Labourer
Labourer

Swiftfow 80 No power to fan or Pump

by eckolop » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi I arived back from holiday and my boiler will not work. The fan & Pump are not working, only the pilot light is working. I have 240V going to the PEC & have between 0 & 10V at the 240V supply going to the transformer. I have replaced the PEC and still have the problem. I also still have a small voltage going to the pump. I'm struggling to work this one out. Any clues on where to go next please.

Thanks

John

NipUK
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Swiftfow 80 No power to fan or Pump

by NipUK » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:07 pm

[quote="eckolop"]Hi I arived back from holiday and my boiler will not work. The fan & Pump are not working, only the pilot light is working. I have 240V going to the PEC & have between 0 & 10V at the 240V supply going to the transformer. I have replaced the PEC and still have the problem. I also still have a small voltage going to the pump. I'm struggling to work this one out. Any clues on where to go next please.

Thanks

John[/quote]

Hi John
U need to see that the boiler actually has demand. Either in c/h mode or water. Does it attemp to fire up or not at all. If not at all then confirm there is demand by running a tap or calling for heat in c/h mode. If there is demand but still no sign of firing up then it is prob the low water pressure switch, which will not let the boiler fire up either coz there isnt enough pressure in the system to activate the switch or the switch is faulty. These are your more likely options.
I hope this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1