All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
heps
Apprentice
Apprentice

taking tee's for bathroom etc

by heps » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:00 am

hi all
After my combi boiler goes in and the central heating system is in and done where can I tee off for my bathroom kitchen etc does it all have to come from the boiler end or can i tee off else where ?/

cheers heps :?:

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:22 am

You'll be able to tee in anywhere along the 22mm flow and return.

htg

heps
Apprentice
Apprentice

by heps » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:40 am

Hi htg

thanks for the reply now this might be a dumb question but if you tap into the 22mm flow return wont that be full of horrible water from central heating system ?/

cheers heps

heps
Apprentice
Apprentice

by heps » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Htg thanks for the reply bit confused tho if I tee off the flow and return won't the water be from the central heating system ?? Or am I being dumb ??

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:54 pm

"After my combi boiler goes in and the central heating system is in and done where can I tee off for my bathroom kitchen etc does it all have to come from the boiler end or can I tee off else where ?"

I assumed as your question was about the CH as there was no mention of the hot water supply, I thought you were maybe renovating and wanted to connect bathroom and kitchen rads up at a later date. As said in many posts - the more info given the better, saves time.

Ok, so we're talking about the DHW. Where else would you tee into ? it has to go from the boiler to bathroom and kitchen - so yes it will come direct from the boiler end as there should be no other hot water pipework.

htg

C23kW
Apprentice
Apprentice

by C23kW » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:52 pm

when you are fitted a combi boiler from a back boiler or conventional, the installer will install so you have your central heating and hot water. there will also be a cold supply, but usually in this form.... left to right...
far left pipe is the flow (CH), then hot water outlet, Gas, Cold water inlet then Return then maybe the blowoff and condensate. IF your talking bout tee'in off for the hot water then either tee off the 15 mm hot pipe near your boiler or tee off anywer wer the pipe goes, with a combi it'll be mains pressure so it'll work just fine :)

cheeres

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:13 am