Tanking
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
libbo2003
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tanking

Post by libbo2003 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:07 pm

I am thinking of injecting my walls with a DPC, so got in a damp company to give me an estimate to show me where i need to inject.
They said one of the walls is a party wall which needs tanking up to about 1.5 meters. how do I tank the walls, and do i still inject that wall with a DPC cream first of all? :?:

davey_C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by davey_C » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Hi libbo,

you will need to do the injection cream first and then tank.
You can buy tanking products or use a cement sand render with waterproof additive. I don't know if you can advertise on this site but look at twistfix.com they offer a tanking product.

Are you absolutely sure you have rising damp? How old is your property? using modern damp proofing solutions on old buildings can do more harm then good.

cheers Dave

libbo2003
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by libbo2003 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:10 pm

[quote="davey_C"]Hi libbo,

you will need to do the injection cream first and then tank.
You can buy tanking products or use a cement sand render with waterproof additive. I don't know if you can advertise on this site but look at twistfix.com they offer a tanking product.

Are you absolutely sure you have rising damp? How old is your property? using modern damp proofing solutions on old buildings can do more harm then good.

cheers Dave[/quote]
thank you for your reply dave
yes I have damp according to 2 different damp proof companies.
After tanking the wall do I use a rendaproof mix on it aswell and then Plaster over it like the other walls which need a DPC treatment?.

libbo2003
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by libbo2003 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:13 pm

hi Dave I have had two estimates from damp companies, I was wondering after you tank the wall do you render with the same renderproof cement mix as the other walls your are injecting?

davey_C
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by davey_C » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:01 am

I think you can , just be careful if you do a scratch coat not to go all the way through to the wall as the damp may penetrate at the scratch points.

cheers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:22 am